Sunday, July 29, 2012

Not Your Average Coffee Table

I picked up this coffee table with leather top at a consignment shop recently.  I've been wanting to try another Mod Podge (decoupage) project after doing this side table.
I  figured I'd Mod Podge the leather top...


I decided to use old sheet music to cover the leather, mostly because I think it's beautiful, but also because I've seen other bloggers doing really cool things with sheet music, such as....

Miss Mustard Seed
Miss Mustard Seed








 I used a small paintbrush to put a thick coat of Mod Podge directly onto the leather, as well as both sides of the sheet music, before smoothing it onto the top of the table.  It's kind of impossible to smooth out every last air bubble, but I have found that you can poke them with a needle to "pop" the bubbles once dried.  The Mod Podge dries to a smooth, hard finish.  It's a pretty cool product.

Here's the finished table...definitely not your average table, but very cool, nonetheless.





See "For Sale" section for detail on buying.

No comments: