Monday, July 9, 2012

Bamboo Love

I am always drawn to bamboo furniture; there's just something about it that I love.  Doesn't matter if it's faux or real--I love it all.  The strange thing is that whenever I see this bamboo furniture I ALWAYS envision it painted red.  Red bamboo, to me, just oozes style and sophistication.

Design Manifest
Elle Decor




















My dream is to have a dining room set with Chinese Chippendale bamboo chairs... 

House Beautiful





...of course, I'd probably paint them red!

So, I decided to go red with this pair of faux-bamboo nesting tables that I found at a consignment store.

All I did was clean them thoroughly and spray 3 light coats of Rust-oleum Heritage Red spray paint.  To protect the finish, I sprayed them with Minwax Polycrylic.

Here's the finished product...
These are for sale...click on the "For Sale" link on the homepage for details







No comments: