Friday, July 20, 2012

A Chair Affair


I found these chairs at a yard sale recently.  Three chairs is an awkward number but I grabbed them anyway because I loved the carved backs.


The first step in rehabbing these old chairs was removing FOUR layers of old fabric from each seat.  It took forever and my hands were killing me and I considered throwing them across the room...
I persisted, however, and here is the finished product, after some paint and new fabric.






























I made a rookie mistake on these chairs and did not measure my fabric before I started upholstering the seats.  It looked like I had plenty, but when I got to the third seat, I was two inches too short any way I cut it! So if you are wondering why there are only two chairs where there used to be three, that is why!
 
I'm going to sell these separately (three was a weird number of chairs anyway) but if anyone wants to buy the three chairs together, I will gladly reupholster them in a new, matching fabric. 

The fabric, by the way, is a purplish-gray color with pale pink dots.  It is hard to see in photos.




I can picture the armchair looking really pretty in a bedroom.  The paint is the same color as this bureau (the lighting makes the color look different, but they are an exact match....






















Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: