Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Blueish-Gray Server

BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW! For those of you who don't know me, I am a high school history teacher.  This will be my second year teaching.  I cannot believe how fast this summer flew by.   It's been a fantastic summer though.  The weather in the Boston area could not have been nicer.  I was able to do lots of fun things with my time off, and, of course, get lots of furniture painted.

Now that school is back I won't be able to paint nearly as much as I have been the past few months. Believe it or not, teaching really is a time consuming career!  I'll definitely be painting on the weekends though!

I recently bought this oak (I think?) server at a consignment store.  Some natural wood is gorgeous but this just wasn't my style.  I wasn't digging the tiger-like stripes in the wood.  It has awesome bones though, and is in great condition. 



I mixed two colors of Annie Sloan chalk paint to get this blueish-gray color.  I did two coats of paint, sanded it ever so slightly, and then finished it with a protective wax.  I also changed out the hardware, adding new glass knobs.  

 

I've said it before, but I am absolutely obsessed with old servers and sideboards.  Beautiful and useful at the same time.  This one is great, lots of storage, and the mirror is in excellent condition.  

It needs a new home!  See For Sale section for details.



No comments: