Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Side Table Stories

I've been working on these two side tables for the past couple of days.  They are both solidly constructed and in good shape, but their style is outdated.


I was painting the tall, thin side table for a customer who said she had found it in the trash!  She said she might like it painted a turquoise color.  I was excited to get started on that one.  It might sound crazy, but there really is a thrill in bringing "trash" back to life! 

To paint that one, I mixed two colors of chalk paint (bright aqua with off-white) to make a lighter shade of turquoise.

Here is the side table after a couple coats of paint, sanding, and waxing.  Also the hardware was painted white...


I painted the nightstand off-white and filled the original hardware holes so that I could attach new knobs. 
I am digging the new fleur-de-lis knobs.  Adds a little bit of French glamour. 




The white nightstand is for sale!  Check out the "For Sale" section for details.

1 comment:

joetterer said...

I just got some Annie S Paint. That turquios is soooo pretty. Very nice, both peices.