Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Couple New Pieces

I FINALLY had some time this weekend to get some painting projects done.  It's been so long; I've missed it!  School has really been keeping me busy. 

I've had these two pieces sitting around the house waiting to be painted for over a month...
I picked up the round table at a yard sale.  The woman selling it said it is very old, possibly even late 1800s.  I love the shape and the carved details.   
The other piece is an entryway table, or possibly a child's desk.  

BEFORE



AFTER




 


The color on this entry table/desk is a mix of French Linen and Old White chalk paint. 

 


There is some chipping of the veneer on the drawer of this side table.  You can only see it if you are looking for it.  I think it adds to the aged patina! 







































I painted this with a mix of Chateau Gray and Old Ochre chalk paint, then applied gold leaf paint on the carved details.

See For Sale section for details!

No comments: