Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bedroom Set Makeover

I recently painted this bedroom set for Sarah, a friend of a friend, and her husband Tom--awesome people!  Sarah found the set on Craigslist and realized its potential.  I love this French provincial style.  The set is nice as is, but looked a little outdated.  I've realized that my mantra in life is "everything looks better with a little paint."  I know there are a lot of natural wood lovers out there, but I must admit, I do love the painted look!


Here is the bedroom set after being painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Ochre, sanded, and waxed.








I kept the original hardware but painted them using gold-leaf mixed with water to thin it out and make the finish look more "antiqued."
Here is the difference...

I love the shape and style of French provincial hardware, it's so elegant.

























Thanks, Sarah and Tom!


1 comment:

Anna Schafer said...

Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! anchor