Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Mod Dresser gets an Update

I scored this 1950s mod style dresser from my friend Ryan.  It's a cool piece that I knew could be transformed with some paint and new hardware.


I decided to go pink with this one---a color I don't often choose, but I pictured this dresser with a new, girly vibe.

I primed this piece and then painted it with Martha Stewart latex paint in a color called Punch.   Next, I drilled holes where I wanted the new hardware to go.  For a long time I was scared of using a drill and would have my boyfriend or dad do this part, but it's actually very easy.  The hardest part is making sure you measure perfectly so that the holes are in a straight line.   I decided to place the new knobs 6 inches from the sides of the drawers, and halfway between the top and bottom of the drawers.  I made pencil marks and then chose the drill bit.

I just pick the drill bit that looks slightly larger than the hardware I'm using (very unscientific!)



Here is the finished dresser, with its new feminine look...


I love this hardware, it's a bunch of little flowers bunched together.  Very unique!

























 


This one is now for sale.  It would look so cute in a nursery or little girl's room!
See "For Sale" section for details on purchasing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE This!!!! Looking at your pictures has me inspired to attempt a make-over on my grandmother's side table.